Tuesday, July 27, 2010

the Beautiful Christ and His Church

Psalm 43-45

Last week's discussion in Bible Life and the previous week's sermon was focused on sacrificial living from Romans 12:1-2.  These verses from Psalm 43 are stuck in the middle of Romans 8:28-39, and I think I need to meditate on this truth:

 22 But for your sake we are killed every day;
      we are being slaughtered like sheep.

But as for the title of this entry, I was impressed by the application of Psalm 45 to Christ and His Church:

 2 You are the most handsome of all.
      Gracious words stream from your lips.
      God himself has blessed you forever.
 3 Put on your sword, O mighty warrior!
      You are so glorious, so majestic!
 4 In your majesty, ride out to victory,
      defending truth, humility, and justice.
      Go forth to perform awe-inspiring deeds!

 9 ... At your right side stands the queen,
      wearing jewelry of finest gold from Ophir! ...
 11 For your royal husband delights in your beauty;
      honor him, for he is your lord. ...
 13 The bride, a princess, looks glorious
      in her golden gown.
 14 In her beautiful robes, she is led to the king,
      accompanied by her bridesmaids.

As I pray for my pastor and other pastors among my friends and family today, I ask the Lord to give them a vision of the Eternal Church as the Beautiful Bride of Christ.  I pray that we will put on Christ as our Righteous Robe, and that He will be pleased with our purity.

Heavenly Father, may your name be praised and exalted among the nations.  Lord, I pray that you will be honored by the beauty of the Church.  Lord Jesus, I pray that the Church will honor you because you are Her Lord.  I love you, Lord.  May your Church love you more devotedly.  I pray in the name of Jesus Christ.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment