Tuesday, July 20, 2010

desires and satisfaction

Psalm 26-28

Psalm 18:1 I love you, O LORD, my strength.



20:4
May he give you the desire of your heart
       and make all your plans succeed.

 5 We will shout for joy when you are victorious
       and will lift up our banners in the name of our God.
       May the LORD grant all your requests.


21:1 O LORD, the king rejoices in your strength.
       How great is his joy in the victories you give!

 2 You have granted him the desire of his heart
       and have not withheld the request of his lips.
       Selah


 24:3 Who may ascend the hill of the LORD ?
       Who may stand in his holy place?

 4 He who has clean hands and a pure heart,
       who does not lift up his soul to an idol
       or swear by what is false.

 5 He will receive blessing from the LORD
       and vindication from God his Savior.

 6 Such is the generation of those who seek him,
       who seek your face, O God of Jacob.
       Selah


27:4 One thing I ask of the LORD,
       this is what I seek:
       that I may dwell in the house of the LORD
       all the days of my life,
       to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD
       and to seek him in his temple.

8 My heart says of you, "Seek his face!"
       Your face, LORD, I will seek.


Heavenly Father, I pray that I will desire to know you and love you.  Lord, please draw me to seek you.  I need your grace, Lord.  I am weak and distracted; please let me focus my heart, mind, will, and emotions on knowing you and loving you.  I pray in the name of Jesus Christ.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment