Friday, July 2, 2010

nugget of good theology

Job 22-24, Acts 8

In the midst of a long assault on Job's character that was not only false, but quite nasty, there is buried a sweet little nugget of theology (as long as you don't mistake it for the gospel of prosperity):

 22:21 "Submit to God, and you will have peace;
      then things will go well for you.
 22 Listen to his instructions,
      and store them in your heart.
 23 If you return to the Almighty, you will be restored—
      so clean up your life.
 24 If you give up your lust for money
      and throw your precious gold into the river,
 25 the Almighty himself will be your treasure.
      He will be your precious silver!

 26 "Then you will take delight in the Almighty
      and look up to God.
 27 You will pray to him, and he will hear you,
      and you will fulfill your vows to him.
 28 You will succeed in whatever you choose to do,
      and light will shine on the road ahead of you.
 29 If people are in trouble and you say, 'Help them,'
      God will save them.
 30 Even sinners will be rescued;
      they will be rescued because your hands are pure."

Heavenly Father, please capture the attention of my heart!  Lord, may I desire you only, and may your Life, Love, and Light flow through me.  Oh Lord Jesus, please be my treasure!  I want so badly for my heart to undividedly and singularly desire you!  I am your servant and disciple; please draw me close to you.  I pray in the name of Jesus Christ.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment