Thursday, July 22, 2010

defending today

Psalm 31-32

As I make final preparations to defend my dissertation this morning at 10:00am, the Psalms that I read this morning were so encouraging!  And the Lord is so kind, as Brother David was getting on the bus this morning, he prayed for me in the isle of the bus!

 31:1 O Lord, I have come to you for protection;
      don't let me be disgraced.
      Save me, for you do what is right.
 2 Turn your ear to listen to me;
      rescue me quickly.
   Be my rock of protection,
      a fortress where I will be safe.
 3 You are my rock and my fortress.
      For the honor of your name, lead me out of this danger.

 14 But I am trusting you, O Lord,
      saying, "You are my God!"
 15 My future is in your hands.
      Rescue me from those who hunt me down relentlessly.
 16 Let your favor shine on your servant.
      In your unfailing love, rescue me.
 17 Don't let me be disgraced, O Lord,
      for I call out to you for help.

 19 How great is the goodness
      you have stored up for those who fear you.
   You lavish it on those who come to you for protection,
      blessing them before the watching world.
 20 You hide them in the shelter of your presence,

 23 Love the Lord, all you godly ones!
      For the Lord protects those who are loyal to him,
      but he harshly punishes the arrogant.
 24 So be strong and courageous,
      all you who put your hope in the Lord!

Heavenly Father, thank you so much for your kindness and faithfulness to me.  I love you, Lord!  May you receive honor and praise from my life.  I pray in the name of Jesus Christ.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment