Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Christ is our Champion

 
It occurred to me this morning that David and Goliath are types of Christ and Satan, respectively.  Goliath (Satan) stands in defiance against the chosen people of Yahweh and shouts insults and accusations.  But look!  Here comes the humble shepherd, servant of Yahweh, David (Christ) carrying a stick (the Cross of Calvary)!  He defeats the enemy through faith and obedience in Yahweh!
 
I believe the Lord cares about all of the conflict in my life, large and small.  I trust that He will lead me to victory because Christ has already defeated the Enemy of our Souls!
 
Prayer
Heavenly Father, please give me strength and boldness to follow in the wake of Christ's victory.  Lord, your word says that we are more than conquerors in Christ Jesus!  I praise you for your kindness to deliver me from the clutches of the enemy and empower me with your very Spirit.  Lord, help me walk in victory today.  I pray this in the name of Jesus Christ.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment