Friday, April 18, 2008

type of Christ

 
David's running from King Saul.  Ahimelech (priest) helps him out.  A dirt bag shepherd named Doeg tells Saul about it.  King Saul had Doeg kill Ahimelech's father's whole family (priesthood), except for Ahimelech's son Abiathar.  Abiathar runs to tell David what happened, and this is what David said:
 
22:23 Stay here with me, and don't be afraid. I will protect you with my own life, for the same person wants to kill us both."
 
David is a type of Christ in a lot of ways, but this one is pretty sweet.  We can find refuge from Satan in the life of Christ.  Indeed, Jesus spilled his blood - He gave up His own life - so that we are protected from sin, death, and the Devil!  Praise the Lord!
 
Prayer
Heavenly Father, thank you for the shed blood of Jesus Christ which washes away my sin and renders Satan powerless.  Jesus Christ protects me from the enemy, and in Him we have Victory!  Praise you Jesus. May my life be devoted to sharing this truth with others.  I pray in the Matchless name of Jesus.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment