Monday, April 21, 2008

victorious life!

1 Samuel 25, Psalm 18

Yesterday morning we talked about David and Bathsheba in our Bible Life group, and Pastor Lewis preached on Romans 7 about the carnal flesh inside.  Last night, Pastor preached from John 15 about abiding in Christ.  I think David's words in Psalm 18 come from his abiding in the Lord and seeing God take care of him:

 16 He reached down from on high and took hold of me;
       he drew me out of deep waters.

 17 He rescued me from my powerful enemy,
       from my foes, who were too strong for me.

 18 They confronted me in the day of my disaster,
       but the LORD was my support.

 19 He brought me out into a spacious place;
       he rescued me because he delighted in me.

...
 25 To the faithful you show yourself faithful,
       to the blameless you show yourself blameless,

 26 to the pure you show yourself pure,
       but to the crooked you show yourself shrewd.

 27 You save the humble
       but bring low those whose eyes are haughty.

 28 You, O LORD, keep my lamp burning;
       my God turns my darkness into light.

 29 With your help I can advance against a troop;
       with my God I can scale a wall.

 30 As for God, his way is perfect;
       the word of the LORD is flawless.
       He is a shield
       for all who take refuge in him.

 31 For who is God besides the LORD?
       And who is the Rock except our God?

 32 It is God who arms me with strength
       and makes my way perfect.

 33 He makes my feet like the feet of a deer;
       he enables me to stand on the heights.

 34 He trains my hands for battle;
       my arms can bend a bow of bronze.

 35 You give me your shield of victory,
       and your right hand sustains me;
       you stoop down to make me great.

 36 You broaden the path beneath me,
       so that my ankles do not turn.

...

 46 The LORD lives! Praise be to my Rock!
       Exalted be God my Savior!

 47 He is the God who avenges me,
       who subdues nations under me,

 48 who saves me from my enemies.
       You exalted me above my foes;
       from violent men you rescued me.

 49 Therefore I will praise you among the nations, O LORD;
       I will sing praises to your name.

 50 He gives his king great victories;
       he shows unfailing kindness to his anointed,
       to David and his descendants forever.

This is the Victory in Christ Jesus!  Satan will be tread under our feet as we humbly obey Yahweh and abide in Jesus Christ as we worship in Spirit and Truth.

Prayer
Heavenly Father, thank you for pulling me up out of defeat against the enemy.  You rescued me from despair and death.  Lord, you have saved me to victory in Jesus Christ.  May I abide in you today.  Lord, I want to call on your name all day long, because I know that salvation comes to those who call on your name.  May I keep in step with the Spirit, and may the attitudes of my heart be pleasing to you, my God and King.  I pray this in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment