Monday, April 7, 2008

God's purpose

 
I was thinking about all the trouble that Naomi and Ruth experienced, and I realized that the Lord allowed it all to happen according to His plan and purpose.  He allowed the famine to send Elimelech's family to Moab; He allowed Elimelech and his two sons Mahlon and Kilion to die; He restored the agriculture in Israel so that Naomi would return; and He put the desire in Ruth's heart to follow Naomi.  He was in control of it all.
 
Application - As crazy as my life seems right now with marriage, coursework, research, teaching Bible study, ... I know that God is in control.  I trust that the difficulties He is leading me through are in preparation for me being used according to His purpose.
 
Prayer
Heavenly Father, I trust you with my life.  Lord, I pray that you will lead me through whatever it takes for me to be a part of your good plan and purpose.  May I humbly submit to your perfect will.  I pray that you will glorify yourself in my life.  I pray this in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment