Wednesday, April 30, 2008

I love Psalms!

 
I prayed these verses from Psalm 65 specifically for my dad's crops this morning:
 8 Those living far away fear your wonders;
       where morning dawns and evening fades
       you call forth songs of joy.
 9 You care for the land and water it;
       you enrich it abundantly.
       The streams of God are filled with water
       to provide the people with grain,
       for so you have ordained it.
 10 You drench its furrows
       and level its ridges;
       you soften it with showers
       and bless its crops.
 11 You crown the year with your bounty,
       and your carts overflow with abundance.
 12 The grasslands of the desert overflow;
       the hills are clothed with gladness.
 13 The meadows are covered with flocks       
       and the valleys are mantled with grain;
       they shout for joy and sing.
A concise summary of the Gospel from Psalm 68:
 19 Praise be to the Lord, to God our Savior,
       who daily bears our burdens.
       Selah 
 20 Our God is a God who saves;
       from the Sovereign LORD comes escape from death.
These verses from Psalm 19 resonated within me this morning:
 7 The law of the LORD is perfect,
       reviving the soul.
       The statutes of the LORD are trustworthy,
       making wise the simple. 
 8 The precepts of the LORD are right,
       giving joy to the heart.
       The commands of the LORD are radiant,
       giving light to the eyes. 
 9 The fear of the LORD is pure,
       enduring forever.
       The ordinances of the LORD are sure
       and altogether righteous.
 12 Who can discern his errors?
       Forgive my hidden faults. 
 13 Keep your servant also from willful sins;
       may they not rule over me.
       Then will I be blameless,
       innocent of great transgression. 
 14 May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
       be pleasing in your sight,
       O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.
Prayer
Heavenly Father, thank you for this beautiful morning!  Thank you for your Scripture that changes who I am and refines me to be what you want.  Lord, I pray that I will ingest your Holy Word.  Dear Father, I genuinely pray that you will make the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart pleasing to you, O Yahweh, my Rock and my Redeemer.  I pray  this in the name of Jesus Christ, your Obedient Son.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment