Friday, April 11, 2008

presence of God

 
When the Philistines stole the Ark of the Covenant, the people in their towns experienced trouble in the form of death, destruction, tumors, etc.  But for the Israelites, the Ark of the Covenant represented the Lord's favor.  It is interesting that those inside the Covenant experience blessing from the presence of the Lord when their fellowship is pure, but those outside the Covenant experience wrath associated with the presence of the Lord.
 
Our God is Holy, and this holiness is not to be taken lightly:
6:19 But the Lord killed seventy men from Beth-shemesh because they looked into the Ark of the Lord. And the people mourned greatly because of what the Lord had done. 20 "Who is able to stand in the presence of the Lord, this holy God?" they cried out.
Application - I will humble myself before God and appreciate the gravity of His presence.
 
Prayer
Heavenly Father, I praise you for your holiness.  How incredible is your Name!  You are sovereign and beautiful.  Lord, I want to honor you.  I desire your fellowship.  Lord, I pray that you will continue to reveal yourself to me.  Lord, give me a passion for your holiness.  I pray this in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment