Saturday, April 5, 2008

more of the same

 
Wow.  This tragic cycle is repeated over and over and over.  I can see how Yahweh would get tired of that.
10:9...The Israelites were in great distress. 10 Finally, they cried out to the Lord for help, saying, "We have sinned against you because we have abandoned you as our God and have served the images of Baal."  11 The Lord replied, "Did I not rescue you from the Egyptians, the Amorites, the Ammonites, the Philistines, 12 the Sidonians, the Amalekites, and the Maonites? When they oppressed you, you cried out to me for help, and I rescued you. 13 Yet you have abandoned me and served other gods. So I will not rescue you anymore. 14 Go and cry out to the gods you have chosen! Let them rescue you in your hour of distress!"  15 But the Israelites pleaded with the Lord and said, "We have sinned. Punish us as you see fit, only rescue us today from our enemies." 16 Then the Israelites put aside their foreign gods and served the Lord. And he was grieved by their misery.
You can really see the emotional side of God's love in this passage.  I can relate this to my own life.  Several years ago, I battled an addiction and lost, over and over and over.  I can see from this passage how much that grieved the Lord.  I couldn't save myself; I needed Him to deliver me.  A few years ago, He delivered me from my addiction.  That is how I know that Yahweh is my salvation; deliverance is through Jesus Christ alone.  That is why I am so passionate about helping others experience the abundant life in Christ Jesus.
 
Prayer
Heavenly Father, thank you for saving me.  Thank you for delivering me from the vicious cycle of defeat and addiction.  Lord, I praise your name because you are holy.  I praise you because you are full of compassionate love.  Father, I want to live in response to the grace and mercy you have shown me.  I want to lead others to experience not only the eternal salvation through a relationship with Jesus Christ, but I pray that you will use me to lead others to live holy lives of single minded obedience in victory over sin and death.  It is only in the name of Jesus by which I pray.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment