Thursday, April 24, 2008

focus

 
69:30 I will praise God's name in song
       and glorify him with thanksgiving. 
 31 This will please the LORD more than an ox,
       more than a bull with its horns and hoofs.
 
86:3 Have mercy on me, O Lord,
       for I call to you all day long. 
 4 Bring joy to your servant,
       for to you, O Lord,
       I lift up my soul.
...
 11 Teach me your way, O LORD,
       and I will walk in your truth;
       give me an undivided heart,
       that I may fear your name. 
 12 I will praise you, O Lord my God, with all my heart;
       I will glorify your name forever. 
 13 For great is your love toward me;
       you have delivered me from the depths of the grave.
 
In the trials and temptations we experience in life, it is important for us to focus on the identity of who God is and His incredible expression of love towards us in the person and work of Jesus Christ.  In the pressing stress of that moment, it is important for us to keep our eyes fixed on Him and not ourselves.
 
As I took my dog out this morning, I was praying that now that the Lord has lead me to a consistent discipline of reading the Scriptures daily, I want to learn to think about Him and talk to Him all day long.  I want to seek Him with all of my heart, but I know that I can not.  It is Christ that must live within me.
 
Prayer
Heavenly Father, I praise you for the incredible person that you are.  I praise you for being infinitely loving and kind, compassionate and caring.  Lord, I pray that you will lead me to crucify the flesh and allow your Holy Spirit to reign in my life.  Please take my whole heart as your own.  May I look to you always and know the comfort and rest in a fellowship of unity.  I pray this in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment