Thursday, April 3, 2008

mighty hero

 
The angel of the LORD shows up and tells Gideon (who is threshing wheat in the bottom of a winepress because he's a chicken) that he's a mighty hero.  Hah!
 
No, really.  Even though it didn't seem like it presently, God knew how He would guide Gideon to lead an army into battle against the Midianites.
 
I think about my own life and how I'm just a kid from a farm in west Texas.  I'm nobody special, but I feel a special call on my life.  My friend Nate and I had a great conversation last night about service, and then Pastor taught about service this morning at Prayer Breakfast.  I feel like the LORD is developing me to be a spiritual leader.  Maybe He will make me a "mighty hero" like Gideon.
 
Prayer
Heavenly Father, I humbly lay my life before you.  I ask you to examine me; remove anything that you don't want, and add anything you do want.  Father, mold me and make me into the man you want me to be.  God, I pray that you would make me a spiritual leader of my family, local church, work, and beyond.  Father, empower me to be an ambassador for Christ.  I ask you this in the name of Jesus Christ.  Amen.

1 comment: