Friday, April 23, 2010

consequences

2 Samuel 16-18, Luke 17

King David committed adultery and murder.  Then his son Amnon raped his daughter Tamar.  Then his son Absolom murdered Amnon in revenge.  King David didn't ever deal with any of this stuff, so it just kept growing underneath.  So when Absolom incited a coupe and attacked King David's loyal army, Absolom was killed.  It's too bad that it didn't end there; King Solomon got mixed up with a bunch of women and tore up the nation of Israel, even worse off than his father David.

If sin is not dealt with (i.e., acknowledged, confessed, repented, and replaced by righteousness and virtue), then it cascades and magnifies, in your own life and in subsequent generations.

Heavenly Father, please deliver me from evil. Lord, please expose the wicked desires of my heart and mind so that I can confess, repent, and experience your healing Life to transform me more into Christ.  Please show me how I can begin to discipline and instruct my son in a Life abiding in you.  Lord, I need you!  I am so far from you!  Please save me, and save my family!  I ask in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment