Thursday, April 8, 2010

vocation

1 Samuel 10-12, Luke 9

As I consider and try to seek the Lord's direction regarding the vocation that He is calling me to, these verses make me wonder if I am expecting too much detail in His direction:

10:6 The Spirit of the LORD will come upon you in power, and you will prophesy with them; and you will be changed into a different person. 7 Once these signs are fulfilled, do whatever your hand finds to do, for God is with you.

It seems like if we please the Lord's moral will, and He gives us a general direction, then the abundant life is the joint creativity of man and sovereign presence of the Lord:

12:22 For the sake of his great name the LORD will not reject his people, because the LORD was pleased to make you his own. ... 24 But be sure to fear the LORD and serve him faithfully with all your heart; consider what great things he has done for you.

Heavenly Father, I praise you for your sovereign control and orchestration of the details of my life.  Lord, thank you for being patient with me.  I pray that I will seek to know you and abide in you, and that you will pour your Spirit through me.  May I be used for building your Church, for the glory of your Name.  Please teach me to fear you and obey you.  I pray in the name of Jesus Christ.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment