Tuesday, April 27, 2010

learning by experience

1 Kings 1-2, Luke 19

Last night we specifically thanked the Lord for Beau sleeping well recently, and we asked the Lord to let Beau sleep well and to give us good rest.  We also prayed that the Lord would give us good dreams that honor Him.  Well, Beau woke up with uncharacteristic screaming about 3am and wouldn't go back to sleep, so Brandi tried to feed him and ended up sleeping on the couch.  And I had a wicked, evil dream about vampires.  So, how is this "prayer" thing supposed to work again?

I guess that's what I get for reading the parable about the persistent widow last night.

Heavenly Father, I am really confused, and it is difficult for me to believe that you answer my prayers.  I know that we are supposed to grow through testing, but to do the very opposite of what we ask for is a little steep, don't you think.  Can  you please give us a boost?  I feel like I'm running a treadmill into the ground.  I need your strength, Lord.  I need your life to flow through me, because this weak, selfish, and prideful flesh is driving me crazy.  Lord, please be gracious to us.  I ask in the name of Jesus Christ, and I am trying to believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment