Monday, April 19, 2010

blessing of the Lord's presence

2 Samuel 6-8

David was bringing up the Ark of the LORD to Jerusalem, but the oxen towing the cart stumbled, and a guy died because he tried to stabilize the Ark.  (By the way, the Ark was designed to be transported by priests with poles through the rings on the sides of the Ark, not by a cart.  If they had simply obeyed the Lord, then the Uzzah wouldn't have died.)  So, David was scared and left the Ark there.
6:11 The ark of the LORD remained in the house of Obed-Edom the Gittite for three months, and the LORD blessed him and his entire household.
What a blessing it is to be in the presence of the LORD!  I am reminded of the first part of Psalm 24:

 1 The earth is the LORD's, and everything in it,
       the world, and all who live in it;

 2 for he founded it upon the seas
       and established it upon the waters.

 3 Who may ascend the hill of the LORD ?
       Who may stand in his holy place?

 4 He who has clean hands and a pure heart,
       who does not lift up his soul to an idol
       or swear by what is false.

 5 He will receive blessing from the LORD
       and vindication from God his Savior.

 6 Such is the generation of those who seek him,
       who seek your face, O God of Jacob.

       Selah

Heavenly Father, please clean my hands and purify my heart.  Lord, I pray that you are the only thing that I desire.  Lord, I want to be in your presence; I want to abide in you, and you in me.  Please anoint me with your presence and use me to bring honor to your self.  Please show me your face and let me dwell in your house forever.  I pray in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment