Wednesday, April 21, 2010

repenting and seeking

2 Samuel 12-13

I think one of the character elements that made King David a "man after God's own heart" was that he was sensitive to conviction of sin, and he repented immediately.  It is  important that we realize how often we fail Him, and that as we continually seek Him, we need to readily apologize for mistakes and immediately resume the pursuit of Christ.

I am trying to seek the Lord through this job opportunity.  There are so many factors that "line up" that lead us to believe that this is His will for us.  I am now praying for humility and blessing as I go into negotiations for salary and start-up.  I do not want to be greedy; I want to trust the Lord's favor and blessing.

Heavenly Father, you have been so good and kind to me; I believe that you will continue to bless me.  Lord, may I bless others with what you have blessed me.  I pray that I will be a blessing to others so that they will see your goodness and kindness and then bless you.  Please keep me from evil, and grow my desire to know you and experience your presence.  I pray in the name of Jesus Christ.  Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment