Wednesday, April 14, 2010

trusting the Sovereignty of God

1 Samuel 25-27, Luke 12

David did what was right in guarding Nabal's servants and property, yet Nabal was wicked and treated David harshly.  David was going to have revenge, but fortunately Nabal's wife Abigail diffused David's anger with diplomacy and gifts.  The Lord took care of Nabal directly.

David was still on the run from Saul and his men, who had almost captured David again.  But again, David had the opportunity to kill Saul, but he didn't because of his faith in God's Sovereignty:

26:9 "No!" David said. "Don't kill him. For who can remain innocent after attacking the Lord's anointed one? 10 Surely the Lord will strike Saul down someday, or he will die of old age or in battle. 11 The Lord forbid that I should kill the one he has anointed! But take his spear and that jug of water beside his head, and then let's get out of here!"

Heavenly Father, I love you, and I trust you.  I know that you are in control, and you have been so kind to provide for me and my family.  Thank you that I can trust in you.  May your name be praised through my life today.  I pray in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment