Tuesday, April 13, 2010

waiting on God (in a cave)

1 Samuel 22-24

Samuel anointed David as King, but Saul was still reigning, so that made it complicated.  I guess it wouldn't have been that bad if Saul hadn't have gone nuts and been on a rampage to kill David.  So David was forced to run and hide, run and hide, run and hide.  Even still, he was faithful to honor Saul as King.

In contrast to the David and Goliath story, this story reminds me that the Lord's timing is very slow sometimes.  I think he builds our character a great deal when we are hiding in the caves, waiting for His promises to be fulfilled.  This story also reminds me that our struggle is not against flesh and blood (Eph. 6:10-18).

Heavenly Father, I need you.  Lord Jesus, I need you.  Holy Spirit, I need you.  I know that you will carry to completion what you have started, and I know that the road is bumpy.  Please help me hang on to you.  Lord, please help me patiently wait for you to fulfill your promises in your timing.  May your name be praised.  I pray in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment