Friday, April 9, 2010

leadership

1 Samuel 13-14

OK, so King Saul meant well, but he was a knucklehead.  Getting scared by the Philistines and his army dissipating, offering the sacrifice instead of waiting on Samuel, cursing his army if anyone ate anything, etc.

But I had a sobering realization: the Scripture explains that teachers will be held to a higher standard, and I wonder just how much of a knucklehead I am regarding the leadership of my Bible study group.

Heavenly Father, please forgive me for being so shortsighted, egocentric, arrogant, and disengaged with my Bible study group.  Lord, please forgive me for teaching heresy and being a hypocrite.  Lord, please reveal to me what things I need to be delivered from, and please show me how to grow spiritually.  I need you Lord, and I feel so far away from you.  Please rescue me, anoint me, and use me.  I ask in the name of Jesus Christ.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment