Monday, April 12, 2010

why all this deception?

1 Samuel 19-21
  • Michal lied to save David's life
  • Jonathan lied to Saul to find out if Saul really wanted to kill David
  • David lied to Ahimelech the priest at Nob and ate the consecrated bread
  • David lied to Achish, the king of Gath, acting like he was a crazy man
I don't understand why God would allow all of this deception.  Isn't Satan the father of lies?  Wouldn't God have been honored by honesty?

Heavenly Father, I don't understand this passage of Scripture.  Lord, please help me see that you are in control and that I never have to be deceptive when I am following your will.  I pray that my conduct will show the character of Christ.  I ask in the name of Jesus. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. God uses flawed people. If the Bible didn't include the chronicles of the flaws of individuals, we would think that we have to be perfect to be used by God. If we don't lie, I believe that He will use us in an even greater way. However, we all lie. God is still able to use us. ktw

    ReplyDelete