Wednesday, April 28, 2010

wisdom and knowledge

1 Kings 3-5

3:5 That night the Lord appeared to Solomon in a dream, and God said, "What do you want? Ask, and I will give it to you!" ... 7 "Now, O Lord my God, you have made me king instead of my father, David, but I am like a little child who doesn't know his way around. ... 9 Give me an understanding heart so that I can govern your people well and know the difference between right and wrong. For who by himself is able to govern this great people of yours?" ...
4:29 God gave Solomon very great wisdom and understanding, and knowledge as vast as the sands of the seashore. 30 In fact, his wisdom exceeded that of all the wise men of the East and the wise men of Egypt. ... 33 He could speak with authority about all kinds of plants, from the great cedar of Lebanon to the tiny hyssop that grows from cracks in a wall. He could also speak about animals, birds, small creatures, and fish. 34 And kings from every nation sent their ambassadors to listen to the wisdom of Solomon.

I feel like Solomon: too young and unqualified to be a professor.  But I know that the Lord has given me this position so that I can be an example of Christ's love and teach the truths of physical and spiritual realities.

Heavenly Father, I know that you have given me talents and gifts to be used for your glory.  Please deliver me from fear, and give me a powerful ministry in the science and engineering communities.  Please give me knowledge and understanding, and may I be humble so that people will be drawn to you.  Lord, may I be used by you to show others the Love of God in Christ.  Please use me to touch the Nations that have never heard about your Love.  I pray in the name of Jesus.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment