Thursday, April 15, 2010

progress

1 Samuel 28-29

Well, Beau only cried for about ten minutes when we put him to bed last night, and then he only cried for about ten minutes when he woke up around 2:00am last night.  I went in after a few minutes of him crying and patted him on the chest and stroked his hair the way my dad did mine.  I am so thankful to the Lord for answering months of prayers.

It made me think, I wonder if our Heavenly Father lets us "cry it out" sometimes to get us to realize that what we are "crying" about is so vain.  I know that God tells us to cast all of our cares upon Him, but I want to grow to the point where I am genuinely broken for the nations more than myself, so that I cry out for Christ and His Kingdom.

Heavenly Father, I love you.  Thank you for your patience with me as I continue to grow into the image of Christ.  Lord, please deliver me from the distractions of this world, and purify my heart to desire and seek you only.  May your name be praised among the nations, and may your Church bring you honor as we share your love with others.  I pray in the name of Jesus Christ.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment