Wednesday, April 13, 2011

hearing God's Word

Luke 8:1-25

15 And the seeds that fell on the good soil represent honest, good-hearted people who hear God's word, cling to it, and patiently produce a huge harvest. ...

18 "So pay attention to how you hear. To those who listen to my teaching, more understanding will be given. ...

21 Jesus replied, "My mother and my brothers are all those who hear God's word and obey it." ...

24 The disciples went and woke him up, shouting, "Master, Master, we're going to drown!"

   When Jesus woke up, he rebuked the wind and the raging waves. Suddenly the storm stopped and all was calm. 25 Then he asked them, "Where is your faith?"

   The disciples were terrified and amazed. "Who is this man?" they asked each other. "When he gives a command, even the wind and waves obey him!"

The production of fruit in the parable of the Seed and the Soils is related to faith.  I think we are supposed to have faith (v. 25) by hearing God's Word and clinging to it, so that He will produce a huge harvest in us.

So in the midst of this incredibly busy week, I must focus on hearing His Word and obeying it.

Heavenly Father, thank you for your Word.  Lord, your Word is a light to my path and a lamp to my feet.  I need your Word to stay alive; man does not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of the Lord.  I love you, and I want to hear your Word and obey it.  Lord, please help me.  May I demonstrate faith in the midst of testing.  I pray in the name of Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment