Tuesday, April 19, 2011

persistence

Luke 11:1-28

 9 "And so I tell you, keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you. 10 For everyone who asks, receives. Everyone who seeks, finds. And to everyone who knocks, the door will be opened.

I tire easily of repetitive tasks.  Especially about such things as repetitively asking the Lord to let Beau sleep through the night.  It seems like out of all of the things that the Lord is doing and could do, helping Beau sleep through the night should be an easy one.  I don't get it.  Maybe it is not a spiritual enough prayer.  It seems like it would be more efficient if the Lord would simply tell me how much longer Beau is not going to sleep through the night.  I feel like Brandi and I have asked him at least two hundred times each already, so how many times to you have to ask before it happens?  Or is it ever going to happen?  I obviously am not praying in faith, because I don't believe that He is going to answer.  I feel like He likes seeing us hurt for lack of sleep.  Is His goal to push me to the point where I just don't care anymore and I stop praying about it?  I'm almost there.

On another note, we found out yesterday that we are having another boy!  I think we are going to name him Jude, which means "praise or thanks".  Our prayer is that he will love and worship the Lord with all of his heart, soul, mind, and strength, and that he will lead others to do the same.

Maybe we should go ahead and sandbag some prayers for Jude to sleep through the night.

Heavenly Father, your word promises that you answer prayer if we keep on asking.  Well, we've been asking for Beau to sleep through the night for quite a while now, so when are you going to come through on your promise?  Thank you for Jude; please grow him healthy and strong.  I love you, Lord.  Please help me understand your will for my life.  I ask in the name of Jesus Christ. 

No comments:

Post a Comment