Tuesday, April 12, 2011

forgiveness, love, and faith

Luke 7:24-50
 
47Therefore I tell you, her sins, which are many, are forgiven—for she loved much. But he who is forgiven little, loves little." 48And he said to her, "Your sins are forgiven." 49Then those who were at table with him began to say among themselves, "Who is this, who even forgives sins?" 50And he said to the woman, "Your faith has saved you; go in peace."
 
Which came first?  I suppose you could argue it was the woman's faith that led her to approach Jesus and show her love for Him, and Jesus responded with forgiveness.  Maybe that's the way we view it from within the time-space continuum.  But imagining the situation from God's perspective, how can you separate the faith He gives us, the love that He gives us, and the forgiveness that He gives us?
 
Heavenly Father, please help me live life holistically.  I want to walk in faith, loving you, and loving people, enjoying your forgiveness and helping others enjoy your forgiveness.  Lord, please use me today to shine your light and be salty.  Lord, help me be bold and humble in loving you and serving you.  I love you, and I pray in the name of Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment