Monday, April 4, 2011

following His example

Luke 3:21-38

21 When all the people were being baptized, Jesus was baptized too. And as he was praying, heaven was opened 22 and the Holy Spirit descended on him in bodily form like a dove. And a voice came from heaven: "You are my Son, whom I love; with you I am well pleased."

When I was baptized, it was explained to me that baptism is a public testimony of your commitment to follow Christ, symbolizing your death to self and resurrection as a new person in Christ.  Well, I want to follow the example of Christ and know the presence of the Holy Spirit and the approval of the Father.

Heavenly Father, thank you for the example that Christ gave us.  Lord Jesus, thank you for letting me follow you.  Holy Spirit, I want to keep in step with you and listen to your voice.  Heavenly Father, I want you to be pleased with me as I live my life.  Please give me wisdom to know what you desire so that I will spend the time and energy that you give me according to your priorities.  I love you, and I ask in the name of Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment