Tuesday, April 26, 2011

discipleship

Luke 14:15-35
 
It seems like there are three basic aspects of discipleship: (1) loving Jesus above everything else, (2) carrying your cross, and (3) following Jesus.
25Now great crowds accompanied him, and he turned and said to them, 26 "If anyone comes to me and does not hate his own father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes, and even his own life, he cannot be my disciple. 27 Whoever does not bear his own cross and come after me cannot be my disciple.
I guess I still don't really know what those three things look like in the practical details of my life.  What does it mean to "carry your cross"?  I wish I knew.
 
Heavenly Father, please help me be a disciple of Christ.  Lord, I want to love you with all of my heart, mind, soul, and strength.  Please teach me what it means to "carry my cross" and "follow Jesus".  I want to be useful to you, and I want to be salt that is salty.  I want to impact the people that you want me to impact.  Please help me.  I love you, Lord, and I pray in the name of Jesus Christ. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment