Monday, April 25, 2011

humility

Luke 14:1-14
8"When you are invited by someone to a wedding feast, do not sit down in a place of honor, lest someone more distinguished than you be invited by him, 9and he who invited you both will come and say to you, 'Give your place to this person,' and then you will begin with shame to take the lowest place. 10But when you are invited, go and sit in the lowest place, so that when your host comes he may say to you, 'Friend, move up higher.' Then you will be honored in the presence of all who sit at table with you. 11For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted."
It's not just about where to sit at a wedding feast.  It is about my attitude in life.  Do I think of myself as important, or do I consider others as more important than myself?  It even has an effect on the way I converse with people.  Why do I think so highly of myself?  Fundamentally, I am a damaged human, in need of saving, just like everyone else.
 
Heavenly Father, I want to love you and serve you with a humble and grateful attitude.  Lord, thank you for Jesus and His Sacrifice.  Thank you for raising Him from the dead, and thank you for the hope and the promise of eternal life that His Resurrection brings.  Lord, may I be a witness and a minister of this Gospel message, that you love us, and you have purchased our freedom from sin and death.  Praise you, Lord.  Bless you.  I love you, and I pray in the name of Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment