Thursday, April 28, 2011

compassionate Father

Luke 15:11-32
20And he arose and came to his father. But while he was still a long way off, his father saw him and felt compassion, and ran and embraced him and kissed him. 21And the son said to him, 'Father, I have sinned against heaven and before you. I am no longer worthy to be called your son.' 22But the father said to his servants, 'Bring quickly the best robe, and put it on him, and put a ring on his hand, and shoes on his feet. 23And bring the fattened calf and kill it, and let us eat and celebrate. 24For this my son was dead, and is alive again; he was lost, and is found.' And they began to celebrate.
By sinning, we chose to be dead to God.  We told Him that we would rather have the fleeting things of this world than eternal fellowship with Him.  But He is so merciful, loving, and compassionate that He runs to us when we return to Him.  He embraces us and kisses us, and when we, in humility and repentance, confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and cleans us from all unrightousness, and He restores our sonship.  He celebrates the return of His children to Life.  He celebrates our finding the Way.
 
Heavenly Father, I am so impressed with your compassionate love. You have so much forgiveness and grace.  Your mercy and kindness are too much.  You shouldn't be so nice to us, but you are.  Thank you for your love.  Thank you for the open door to return to you.  Thank you for running to meet me.  Thank you for forgiving me and giving me sonship with Christ.  Father, I want to tell others of your great love.  I want others to know the joy of knowing you.  Please use me in your service, and I pray that I will never be like the older son who served you out of duty.  I want to serve you out of grateful love in response to your great love.  I love you.  Please help me see you, know you, and enjoy fellowship with you daily, hourly, minute by minute.  I ask in the name of Jesus Christ.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment