Tuesday, April 5, 2011

with the Holy Spirit

Luke 4:1-21

 1 Then Jesus, full of the Holy Spirit, returned from the Jordan River. He was led by the Spirit in the wilderness, 2 where he was tempted by the devil for forty days. ...

 8 Jesus replied, "The Scriptures say,   'You must worship the Lord your God and serve only him.'" ...

14 Then Jesus returned to Galilee, filled with the Holy Spirit's power. Reports about him spread quickly through the whole region. ...

 18 "The Spirit of the Lord is upon me,
      for he has anointed me to bring Good News to the poor.
   He has sent me to proclaim that captives will be released,
      that the blind will see,
   that the oppressed will be set free,
      19 and that the time of the Lord's favor has come."

Jesus, as a prototype of humanity, was led by the Holy Spirit in each step of His ministry.  He was obedient to the direction of the Holy Spirit, He was faithful to speak the Word of the Holy Spirit, and so He was anointed with the power of the Holy Spirit to accomplish the mission that the Father planned.

I wonder what it would look like if I went to work everyday under the anointed power of the Holy Spirit?

Heavenly Father, I need you.  Lord Jesus, I need you.  Holy Spirit, I need you.  I am nothing without you, and my life is a waste of time and space if not lived with you.  Holy Spirit, please help me hear your voice, listen, and obey.  I want to walk with you, and I know that you will lead me through trials and testing, but coming through those faithfully, you will carry me to complete the tasks you have given me.  May your name be praised, and may I be of service, use, and enjoyment to you today.  I love you, and I ask in the name of Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment