Thursday, April 7, 2011

prayer

Luke 5:1-16
 
Last night in our home group, we studied Mark 9:14-29, and we discussed the connection between belief and prayer:

 23And Jesus said to him, " 'If You can?' All things are possible to him who believes."  24Immediately the boy's father cried out and said, "I do believe; help my unbelief." ...

 29And He said to them, "This kind cannot come out by anything but prayer."

This morning, this verse seemed very important to me:

 16But Jesus Himself would often slip away to the wilderness and pray.

It was through the daily prayer time that Christ had a relationship with the Father, knew His will, and gained the strength to do it.  It is imperative that I develop consistent prayer time with the Lord.  I just don't know how to get it rolling.

Heavenly Father, I love you, and I want to spend time with you in prayer.  I want to know you and talk with you.  Jesus, thank you for your example.  Please help me walk in your footsteps.  Holy Spirit, please guide me and show me the way.  I'm asking in the name of Jesus. 

No comments:

Post a Comment