Friday, July 20, 2007

anniversary

 
The Lord has blessed me with a wonderful wife!  As I reflect on our marriage, I am amazed at how God is working to grow us together in our faith in Him so that we are truly one entity under God.
 
My wife is beautiful and sweet, kind and gracious, tender and humorous.  Her hair is gorgeous, and her eyes sparkle like the diamond earrings I gave her in honor of our anniversary and what the Lord is doing in our marriage.
 
I met with a Brother recently, and he helped me realize what a wonderful wife the Lord has blessed me with.  Indeed, I take her for granted so quickly, but she truly is unique.  The more I learn about her and the closer we grow together, the more I realize that God arranged our marriage.  I believe He brought us together and that He has a special plan for our life.  This challenges me to seek His will, to wash my wife in the Word, and shoulder the responsibility of leading our family into His perfect will for our life (this, of course, means that I am following closely to Christ - for it is He that leads; I am only a disciple.)
 
Prayer
Heavenly Father, thank you for blessing me with a wonderful wife.  Jesus, help me keep my eyes fixed on you as we follow your will for our life together.  We trust you, and we know that you love us and will continue to take care of us.  Spirit, I pray that you will fill our marriage with the Fruit of the Spirit so that you receive glory from our relationship.  Lord, I pray that you will bless my wife by revealing yourself to her so that she will grow in her personal relationship with you.  Lord, may we always find ultimate satisfaction in you alone, and secondary satisfaction in the opportunity to illustrate the love of Christ and His Church in our marriage; may our marriage always be founded and centered on the Rock of Christ Jesus, and it is in His name that I pray. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment