Wednesday, July 25, 2007

evangelism chicken

Prov. 25
Matt. 25

I Cor. 5
I Cor. 6
When I got to the bus stop this morning, there was one guy standing there with a backpack and a briefcase. I engaged him in conversation to discover that he is a fellow graduate student ... and I discovered that he believed some extra stuff beyond the Bible. I didn't know how to proceed with evangelism with someone who incorrectly considers him/herself a Christian. It's one thing to share the Gospel with someone who has never heard, or even with someone who has heard but doesn't believe for one reason or another, but it is entirely different when someone thinks that he/she is in the same category as you.

I need to research this. http://www.christiananswers.net/evangelism/beliefs/

Prayer
Heavenly Father, thank you for helping me realize that I need to learn more about how to minister to someone who is deceived into thinking he/she is already a Christian. Lord, please guide me as I learn, and please give me another opportunity to share the Love of Jesus Christ with someone who does not know Him. I pray this in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

2 comments:

  1. What's up Brother!
    Well I was in a similiar situation where I had the opportunity to witness to my Dad (68 year old Catholic along with the entire side of his family) for about 3 hours straight. Long story short, it started off with 1 Tim. 4:1-4 and it just snowballed from there. I read scripture and discussed it for about 2.5 hours while the last 30 minutes was spent hugging him and crying telling him I wanted him to go to heaven. I think my Holy Spirit was on Red Bull because I don't ever think I could read and discuss scripture that long if I wanted to. Well needless to say my Dad now knows how the Bible tells you to get to heaven in contrast to his and my past views, which was based off human tradition. I hope your day is going great!

    Reppin' Christ!

    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris,

    That's awesome! Praise the Lord for the opportunity to share the Gospel of Jesus Christ, especially with your dad.

    I will be praying that he will respond in faith!

    Keep sharing, Brother!

    ReplyDelete