Friday, July 13, 2007

believing

 
Matthew 13 records several of Jesus's parables, some of which use farming illustrations.  I think that's really neat.  At the end of the chapter, Jesus cruises through Nazareth, but the people didn't believe Him, " 58And he did not do many miracles there because of their lack of faith."
 
This got me thinking.  How many of my prayers have not been answered because I prayed with no faith?  Or, more generally, have their been times in my life when God didn't move as powerfully because of my lack of faith?
 
Tonight I am going to Promise Keepers, and I am excited that my father and father-in-law are going.  I have faith that God is going to radically impact each of our lives tonight and tomorrow morning.
 
Prayer
Heavenly Father, I pray that you would increase my faith.  Lord, I am expecting to meet you this evening and tomorrow morning.  Lord, I pray that your Holy Spirit will move in power in my heart, and the hearts of my dad and father-in-law.  Lord, please humble us, convict us of sin, and challenge each of us to a closer walk with you.  Lord, show us how to be better husbands and fathers.  Lord, I pray that you will place the words in the speakers' mouths.  I pray that you will tear down the enemy's fortresses and strong-holds and raise up godly men of integrity that glorify your name.  I pray this in the powerful name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment