Sunday, July 1, 2007

prayer

 
I'm impressed with how fundamental prayer was to the apostles and early church.  They were consistently gathering for prayer, which is interesting because they asked Jesus to teach them how to pray only a couple of years before.  It is also interesting to me that God does amazing things during/after corporate prayer events.  It's almost like prayer actually accomplishes something.
 
Prayer
Heavenly Father, thank you for choosing to work in our lives through prayer.  Of course I don't fully understand it, but I know that you teach us to pray, then we pray, then you answer, then we thank you and praise you, and you get all the glory.  Lord, please teach me how to pray, and help me develop a disciplined life of prayer.  Lord, I want to fellowship with you through prayer in the name of Jesus. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment