Monday, July 9, 2007

life goes on

 
My wife starts two graduate summer courses today.  It's kind of ironic because she is a kindergarten teacher working on her master's degree, so she is both student and teacher.
 
About a year ago I met a guy at the bus stop that rode the same route.  He consistently read the Bible on the bus like I do, so we had several good conversations, and I invited him to attend our church.  Long story short, he professed faith in Jesus Christ several months ago, and our almost daily discussions of scripture continued.  Well, this Brother got domesticated (got married and bought a house on the south side of town), and he finished moving out of his apartment today.  So, I guess we're going to have to meet for lunch during the week to have our discussions of scripture reading.
 
It's amazing how God keeps people in flux.  It's like we need change, else our pride sneaks up on us and we think we can handle everything on our own.  When things are consistently changing, it challenges us to seek Him and rely on His strength.
 
Prayer
Heavenly Father, thank you for always being there for me and supplying my every need.  Lord, I thank you for taking my Brother in Christ to the next phase of life, and I ask you to bless him richly in the knowledge of your Word of Truth.  Lord, please bless my wife as she learns and studies.  May you continue to guide us, and may we continue to seek you through all our lives.  I pray this in the name of Jesus Christ.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment