Monday, July 30, 2007

victorious life in Christ

 
A Brother who recently moved to Dallas was back in town this morning, so we got together for coffee.  We had a very encouraging conversation about the Lord providing jobs for him and his wife, their involvement in their new church, and personal growth in Christ.  He is really praying that the Holy Spirit will reveal his spiritual gifts and show him how he fits and contributes to the body of Christ.  We also talked about how we have an enemy who is very real and intends to harm us, but "greater is He who is in us than he who is in the world!"  I praise God for the wonderful work He is doing in our lives; he leads us to a closer walk with Him and glorifies Himself through our lives.
 
This ties in well with what I read this morning in 1 Corinthians 15:
54 Then, when our dying bodies have been transformed into bodies that will never die, this Scripture will be fulfilled:

   "Death is swallowed up in victory.
 55 O death, where is your victory?
      O death, where is your sting?"

 56 For sin is the sting that results in death, and the law gives sin its power. 57 But thank God! He gives us victory over sin and death through our Lord Jesus Christ.

 58 So, my dear brothers and sisters, be strong and immovable. Always work enthusiastically for the Lord, for you know that nothing you do for the Lord is ever useless.

This hope of resurrection and eternal life has practical consequences: we are empowered through Christ's death and resurrection to obey the Holy Spirit as He guides us to follow the will of the Father in a victorious, joyful life of grace and peace!  Hallelujah!!!
 
Prayer
Heavenly Father, thank you for the atoning work of Christ Jesus that justifies me before your awesome wrath and sanctifies me to a holy work for your glory!  Lord, I praise You for your wonderful, supreme plan of mercy and grace.  I thank you for allowing me to be a part of your Kingdom.  Lord, I pray that you will humble me as I obey the Spirit and You show me how I fit into your ultimate plan.  Lord, I offer my life to you as a sacrifice of praise.  May you be honored and glorified!  I pray this in the powerful name of Jesus Christ, my Redeemer! Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Hey buddy. Good to hear from you.

    I am going to a Catholic Church here in Dallas, http://www.cathedralguadalupe.org/ .

    I do read my bible, not as much as I should. But I do read it.

    Yes, things are going well for me. Thank you for asking. And yes Sir, I will see you at Jeff's wedding.

    ReplyDelete