Tuesday, July 3, 2007

suffering

 
Proverbs 3:5-6 is so encouraging to me because it is so simple.  I need that kind of humility.
 
I am very encouraged and convicted by the bold stands of John the Baptist in Matthew 3 and the apostles in Acts 5 and 6.  They clearly saw who Jesus was, and they believed Him wholeheartedly.  Is there anyone today that really believes in Jesus like the apostles did?  If so, then why aren't miracles and preaching changing lives like a wildfire?  If I really believe that sin condemns us, but Jesus can forgive our sins, then why do I not tell every person I know about what He has done and is doing?  Well, basically, because I'm a little chicken.
 
Prayer
Heavenly Father, thank you for guiding my life.  Help me humble myself before you and trust you with all my heart.  Lord, I want to believe you so much that it changes my life and the lives of those around me.  Jesus, please pour your power into my life through the Holy Spirit.  Give me the opportunities and boldness to preach your name, unashamedly.  May my life be blameless and full of virtue to validate what I preach.  I pray this in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment