Wednesday, July 11, 2007

dichotomy

 
The dichotomy is clear and simple (Proverbs 11:14):
 
The truly righteous man attains life, 
but he who pursues evil goes to his death
.
 
Here is Jesus's offer of Life (Matthew 11:27-30):
 
"All things have been committed to me by my Father. No one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and those to whom the Son chooses to reveal him. Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."
 
Paul made the choice to follow Christ, whatever the cost (Acts 21:13):
 
Then Paul answered, "Why are you weeping and breaking my heart? I am ready not only to be bound, but also to die in Jerusalem for the name of the Lord Jesus."
 
In the same chapter, the Jews in Jerusalem had Paul in the middle of a riot (Acts 21:36):
 
And the crowd followed behind, shouting, "Kill him, kill him!"
 
Each person falls into one of two categories:
  1. justified by Grace through Faith in Jesus Christ and declared righteous by God, eternally set apart with Him
  2. condemned with the world
When we are with God, the enemy of our souls comes against us, and we will be treated in much the same way as Christ (e.g., Acts 21:36).
 
Prayer
Heavenly Father, thank you for revealing yourself to me through your Son, Jesus the Christ.  Lord Jesus, I am willing to live for you today and every day, because I am also willing to give my life in obedient service to you.  My life is not my own, because you bought me at a price.  Lord, please help me bow humbly before you as I resist the enemy.  I know that the victory belongs to you.  I pray that you will continue to teach me and grow me, and I thank you for your simple and easy yoke.  I pray this in the name of Jesus Christ.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment