Tuesday, July 17, 2007

fellowship

 
I met with a Brother last night, and we talked about fellowship (in the context of the Promise Keepers blog I posted a few days ago).  He pointed out that fellowship is not just hanging out together, it's serving the Lord together.  I need to be teammates with someone who is committed to pursuing the Lord and challenging me to grow.  That teamwork must be grounded in serving the Lord together.
 
This notion of influencing each other's lives was confirmed by one of my buddies.  He left a comment on my blog saying that my blog encouraged him to pursue the Lord.  This is incredible to me.  There is so much joy in the community of Christ when we encourage one another.  His simple comment truly bolstered my attitude towards continuing to be a transparent Christian.  This is like what Brad Stine was talking about at Promise Keepers - he confessed that he wasn't perfect, but that he was trying to get better.  This is what Christians (and skeptics, for that matter) want - an honest, transparent pursuit.  Hey look, I'm not perfect, but that's my goal; not so that I can be condescending, but so that God may receive the glory He deserves (implicitly from my lifestyle as well as explicitly from my verbal praise).
 
It's true.  We need each other - the body of Christ.  We help each other practically.  A lot of times, God uses people to help people.
 
Prayer
Heavenly Father, thank you for my Brothers in Christ.  Thank you that I have a support team around me.  Thank you that my wife is a strong Believer and challenges me to grow in my walk with Christ.  Lord, please lead me to an accountability partner that will challenge me to grow.  Lord, thank you for the opportunity to share life together with other people; please help me be a blessing to other people.  I pray this in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment