Tuesday, July 10, 2007

fundamental purpose

 
My wife and I are reading a book called Made to Count that discusses the purpose of our lives to show others the way to know God the Father through Jesus Christ.  This was confirmed in my reading today in Acts 20:24 -
 
24 But my life is worth nothing to me unless I use it for finishing the work assigned me by the Lord Jesus—the work of telling others the Good News about the wonderful grace of God.
 
Some Brothers from our Bible Life Group at church met at a coffee shop to discuss plans for a weekly Bible/book study.  After determining all the details of reading, prayer, and accountability, we discussed the purpose of having a men's Bible study.  This is what I believe - our most fundamental purpose is to glorify God.  Not only is He worthy of all our praise, He deserves it.
 
Prayer
Heavenly Father, I thank you for the saving grace you have revealed to me.  Lord, I pray that you will help me understand more clearly the specific plan you have to use the gifts and talents you gave me, so that I can glorify you and be used by you to lead others to know you through the Messiah/Christ, Jesus of Nazareth.  I want to find my fulfilment in you.  It is in Jesus's name that I pray.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment