Friday, February 13, 2009

continuous praise

Proverbs 13, Psalm 44

I was really encouraged by these verses, and I was especially challenged by the last verse:

 4 You are my King and my God.
      You command victories for Israel.
 5 Only by your power can we push back our enemies;
      only in your name can we trample our foes.
 6 I do not trust in my bow;
      I do not count on my sword to save me.
 7 You are the one who gives us victory over our enemies;
      you disgrace those who hate us.
 8 O God, we give glory to you all day long
      and constantly praise your name.

I am convicted because I know that I don't give Him glory all day long.  I don't constantly praise His name.  I want to, though.

Prayer
Heavenly Father, I confess that I am a sinner, and I am frequently distracted by my self and this world.  Lord, please lift up my face; lift up my eyes to you O Lord!  May I gaze upon your beauty and strength; may I be captivated by your love.  Lord God, I want to praise you all day long; I want to give you glory all day.  Father, please help me - not by strength or might, but by your Holy Spirit.  I don't trust myself as far as I can throw me!  Lord, I know that you are the Victor through Christ's sacrifice at Calvary!  May I live in the power of the Holy Spirit today, and I pray that I will obey the Spirit to glorify you in my spirit.  May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.  I pray this in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment