Tuesday, February 17, 2009

exalted

Psalm 48, Proverbs 17

In Psalm 48, Yahweh is revealed as residing in Mount Zion, and He is the great King, Jerusalem's towers, defender, glory, safety, God, and guide.  I especially like these verses:

1 How great is the Lord,
      how deserving of praise, ...
9 O God, we meditate on your unfailing love
      as we worship in your Temple.
 10 As your name deserves, O God,
      you will be praised to the ends of the earth.
      Your strong right hand is filled with victory.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, you are my King!  I praise you for your goodness, mercy, and love.  Lord God, thank you for defending me, for showing me your glory, and for keeping me safe.  Yahweh, you are my God, and I trust you to guide me all of the days of my life.  Your name deserves praise from every tribe of every nation.  I pray that you will empower me with your Holy Spirit to be your martyr for your glory.  I ask this in the name of Jesus Christ.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment