Friday, February 6, 2009

waiting and delighting

Psalm 37, Proverbs 6

In high school, one of my favorite verses was Isaiah 40:31:

But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength.
      They will soar high on wings like eagles.
   They will run and not grow weary.
      They will walk and not faint.

Here King David writes along the same theme:

7 Be still in the presence of the Lord,
      and wait patiently for him to act. ...
34 Put your hope in the Lord.
      Travel steadily along his path.

But more fundamentally, I think delighting in the Lord naturally leads to waiting on the LORD:

 3 Trust in the Lord and do good.
      Then you will live safely in the land and prosper.
 4 Take delight in the Lord,
      and he will give you your heart's desires.
 5 Commit everything you do to the Lord.
      Trust him, and he will help you. ...
 23 The Lord directs the steps of the godly.
      He delights in every detail of their lives.
 24 Though they stumble, they will never fall,
      for the Lord holds them by the hand.

It is so encouraging to realize that the Father delights in us!  He loves us so much, and He is so kind toward us.  I think this ties in with some of the verses I am memorizing this week from Romans 8:

31What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us? 32He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all—how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things?

Prayer
Heavenly Father, I delight in you!  You are so wonderful!  I am constantly amazed at the complexity of structure that you embedded in creation!  And I am so thankful for the many blessings you have shown me.  Lord, I pray that I will honor you with my life and that you will take great delight as I bring glory to your name.  May you be praised among the nations!  I pray that I will wait patiently for you to accomplish your will, and may I cooperate with you to establish your Kingdom today.  I pray this in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment