Monday, February 16, 2009

sing praises!

Psalm 47, Proverbs 16

 1 Come, everyone! Clap your hands!
      Shout to God with joyful praise!
 2 For the Lord Most High is awesome.
      He is the great King of all the earth. ...
 6 Sing praises to God, sing praises;
      sing praises to our King, sing praises!

 7 For God is the King over all the earth.
      Praise him with a psalm!

I don't know much about Hebrew, but I heard once that in the Hebrew language and culture, repetition was used to describe the importance of something.  If it is stated twice, it is something you should remember.  If it is stated thrice, then it is extremely important!  Here we are commanded FOUR TIMES to sing praises to Him!

Prayer
Heavenly Father, I praise you because you are worthy of every praise I could possibly give.  Lord, please inspire my heart with songs of praise so that I may honor your greatness.  Lord, please fill my heart with the joy of salvation and the privilege of knowing you.  Lord God, I pray that my life will be a praise song to you.  Please fill me with your love today, and may I feel the warmth of your smile and the strength of your arms.  I pray that Jesus Christ will be exalted in my life today, and it is in His precious name that I pray. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment