Wednesday, February 11, 2009

heart

Psalm 42, Proverbs 11

 1 As the deer longs for streams of water,
      so I long for you, O God.
 2 I thirst for God, the living God.
      When can I go and stand before him? ...
 5 Why am I discouraged?
      Why is my heart so sad?
   I will put my hope in God!
      I will praise him again—
      my Savior and 6 my God! ...
 8 But each day the Lord pours his unfailing love upon me,
      and through each night I sing his songs,
      praying to God who gives me life.

Prayer
Heavenly Father, I pray that I will want you like the dear wants water.  The reality is that I need you like water and air; I am nothing without you.  Lord, give me an unquenchable thirst to know you and love you.  I want to be in your presence and fellowship with you.  I pray that I will hope in you and nothing else.  I pray that I will praise you in every circumstance because you have saved me.  Lord, thank you for your unfailing love; please forgive me for taking it for granted.  Lord, please put a new song in my heart - a hymn of praise to you.  Lord, you give me life abundantly.  May I continually grow in your life, light, and love.  I pray this in the name of Jesus Christ.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment