Wednesday, February 4, 2009

infiltration

Psalm 35, Proverbs 4

This Sunday we will study Jesus's parable of the sower, seed, and soil in Mark 4.  I think these verses summarize that parable.

Proverbs 4
 20 My child, pay attention to what I say.
      Listen carefully to my words.
 21 Don't lose sight of them.
      Let them penetrate deep into your heart,
 22 for they bring life to those who find them,
      and healing to their whole body.

Prayer
Heavenly Father, my heart is so hard; would you please soften me so that your words can infiltrate to the core.  Lord, may I be redefined by your Word and regenerated by the Holy Spirit!  Lord, please fill me with Life as your word takes root in my heart.  I ask that you produce a crop of 100 fold in me!  Please make the soil of my heart tender to your sowing, and please water me and flood me with the shining of the Son.  I pray this in the name of Jesus Christ.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment