Tuesday, February 10, 2009

praises

Psalm 41, Proverbs 10

This morning I attended a prayer meeting for our pastor, and it was so encouraging!  Pastor kneeled, and we all gathered around him and lifted him up in prayer.  I love joining older Brothers in prayer, especially when they pray Scripture.  The Lord teaches me and grows me through hearing and agreeing with their prayers.  I praise the Lord that he has blessed me with a pastor dedicated to the Lordship of Christ, and I praise the Lord for a group of Brothers who are committed to support our pastor.

Over the past several months, I've been trying to set up some mentorship time with two of those Brothers.  I have much respect for Brother Gorham and Brother Pinkston, and we finally had opportunity to fellowship.  After the prayer time this morning, the three of us sat down for a few minutes and simply shared our testimonies.  These are such sweet Brothers, and I am so excited to learn from them!  It is sort of like getting to fellowship with both of my Grandfathers.  I praise the Lord for answering my prayers for mentors, and I praise the Lord for the testimony of these godly men.

One of the things that both of them said was that they could tell that my wife is a sweet Christian woman.  They both spoke very highly of her.  I am so grateful that the Lord has blessed me with such a wonderful wife!  Her testimony of Christ shines through her sincere eyes and warm smile!  I praise the Lord that He is so gracious and kind to provide such a godly wife.

Psalm 41:13
Praise the Lord, the God of Israel,
      who lives from everlasting to everlasting.
   Amen and amen!


Prayer
Heavenly Father, I praise you because you are worthy to be praised.  Lord, you are worthy of praise even if I had not been blessed by you, but you are worthy of thanks on top of praise because you have blessed me with so many good things.  Lord, your goodness and love are immeasurable.  Your mercy and kindness are so deep.  Please forgive me for taking them for granted.  Lord, thank you for saving me from sin and death.  Thank you for reconciling me to be a son of the Living God - a Brother with Christ!  Lord, I pray that you will use me for your glory.  May I be faithful to share your goodness with those around me.  Lord, please annoint me with your Spirit to obey your will.  I pray that your Kingdom will come and that your will be done in my life.  I pray this in the name of Jesus Christ.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment